IMPAQ’s Approach to Executing Business Strategy and Change Management
IMPAQ’s approach to executing business strategy increases personal accountability, team accountability and cross-functional teamwork in order to leverage change efforts, raise performance standards and achieve breakthrough measurable business results in rapid time (3 to 6 months).
Click here for IMPAQ At A Glance services sheet in PDF file format.
Sustainable Organizational Change Through Measurable Business Results
One of the “secret” keys to IMPAQ’s success in executing business strategy is to adjust your organization’s “culture” necessary to achieve business results. The second key to IMPAQ’s accountable approach to execution is to establish comprehensive, simple and meaningful measurements that provide an accurate snapshot of your organization’s progress as it achieves business results. IMPAQ accomplishes this by focusing on and measuring three Key Essential Elements associated with business results: Execution, Relationships and Deliverables as pictured below.
By improving each of these Key Essential Areas for executing business strategy and achieving Business Results, the organization has a system to track and sustain changes.
Execution – Defined as the link between people and departments to produce specific business results, execution represents the “habits” of an organization. Effective organizational change requires leadership development and execution-based team building that eliminates the following common breakdowns:
- Silo thinking and behavior
- Blame as a reaction to problems and challenges
- Activity-driven rather than outcome-driven behavior and actions
- Ignoring low performance of teams or individuals
- Slow decision making that ignores the impact on those outside of the decision
- Inconsistent leadership practices and standards, and not communicating with “one” voice to others – creating confusion at best and resentment at worst
Relationships – represent the interactions people have with each other to support effective execution. The primary relationship issues include:
- Open and honest communication
- Holding others accountable in a supportive manner
- Utilizing diverse abilities
- Effectively managing conflict
- Meeting effectiveness demonstrated by solving problems
Deliverables – represent the projects and initiatives that the organization needs to accomplish to achieve business results. Execution and relationships are in service to achieving deliverables on schedule, in budget with desired business results as the goal. Deliverables include:
- Change initiatives
- Market share growth goals
- Technological advancements
- Customer service initiatives
IMPAQ‘s system for executing business strategy and change not only impacts Execution, Relationships and Deliverables, but the measurements for each area are correlated to each other in order to provide a clear picture of organizational effectiveness – important for diagnosing and leveraging areas for improvement to optimize results in the least amount of time.
To get a clearer picture of the power of this approach and the measurements associated with executing business strategy and change, please visit our Case Studies located in our Clients section.