Rapid Team Results™ – a 1 to 2 Day Investment to Achieve
Breakthrough Measurable Results
Mark shares how his unique approach to accountability and business execution leads to
measurable, breakthrough results. Video provided by IMPAQ partner Rainmen Europe.
What can you expect from Rapid Team Results program?
- Performance Execution improves by 60% to 80%
- Relationships in 15 key areas improve by 15% to 35%
- Deliverables are achieved on schedule and on budget
….within 3 to 6 months
Sounds to Good to be True? – We have data from over 20 years of experience
We have been implementing this systemic approach to achieving team results with hundreds of teams and have measurable results that have been achieved and sustained for as much as 14 years. Yes, we have tracked results with these teams for years after initial implementation. For example, in one of the most recent teams in a manufacturing facility had the following results:
- Trust improved 59%
- Communication improved 49%
- Meeting effectiveness improved 27%
- Decision Making improved 37%
- Keeping agreements improved 29%
- Resolving conflicts improved 43%
And, more importantly, this manufacturing group went from being the lowest performing to the highest performing operating group in the division of that organization. This included:
Lowered the amount of priority maintenance work orders in the units from 39% to 7% – beating their goal to reduce it to 20%.
Schedule compliance went from 50% to 75%.
NOTE: These results were achieved in 5 months with a cross-functional management/Supervisor team representing 3 different functional areas and 30 people – breaking down the silo behavior that dominated this group prior to our implementing Rapid Team Results™.
A Different Approach to Achieve Different Results
This is not a teambuilding exercise. We don’t do “styles inventories”, “team games”, “role-playing” or “ropes-courses”.
Rapid Team Results™ is a “Working Session” NOT a Teambuilding or Training Program. We assist the team in leveraging the three key areas directly linked to business results by changing fundamental habits that have blocked improvement in the following key areas:
- Execution – the link between people to produce a result
- Relationships – the interactions between people to ensure trust, support and effective communication to sustain performance improvement
- Deliverables – the operational goals and projects necessary to achieve business results
The Rapid Team Results™ Process
- Assess Team Execution and Relationships related to current performance
- Discuss Personal and Shared Accountability – A Key for High Performance
- Develop an aligned and comprehensive Picture of Success for Achieving Breakthrough Results (This is not a vision or mission statement)
- Define 15 to 20 Core Habits of Execution necessary to achieve the Picture of Success
- Establish meaningful measurements for each Core Habit of Execution and prioritize the top 3 to 5 for leveraging the change
- Empower task forces to implement 3 to 5 New Habits of Execution directly linked to achieving deliverables and business results
- Develop Accountability Agreements for improving team relationships and sustaining improvement
- Create high performance team meetings – focused only on surfacing and resolving breakdowns
A Non-Negotiable Requirement
Each team must return within 3 to 6 months to for a formal and measurable evaluation of team results. During this session, the following areas of critical team performance will be assessed and correlated to provide a true snapshot of improved effectiveness.
The measurements include:
- General and Measurable Deliverables and Business Results
- Habits of Execution effectiveness
- Specific Results from Improvement Goal Task Forces
- Relationship effectiveness
- Level of effectiveness keeping Team Agreements
Based on the correlated measurements of each bulleted Critical High Team Performance area above the team will establish new goals and refine their process to leverage further improvement.
Optional Modules for Senior and Middle Management Teams
Our greatest success in changing the culture of an organization to raise high performance is implementing Rapid Team Results™ with Senior and/or Middle Management Teams. The keys to success involve alignment, commitment, prioritization, cross-functional problem solving and speaking with “one-voice” to the rest of the organization. There are two modules added to those implementations including Setting Non-Negotiable Priorities™ and Effective Project Execution™.
Setting Non-Negotiable Priorities™
Today’s fast changing business environment requires companies to set clear priorities that will leverage the organization’s improvement and achievement of business results. The key is leverage, and the root cause of breakdown is fragmentation.
Unfortunately, many leaders and organizations or under the illusion that establishing 4 to 5 “pillars” or “big rocks” or “buckets” are a way to set priorities. However, when each “pillar” includes 15 to 25 projects that are competing for resources and effective coordination, the net result is still fragmentation.
Setting Non-Negotiable Priorities™ is the process of identifying the top 5 to 10 most important projects to be accomplished during the next year. While other projects will still be worked on and accomplished and normal daily routine will be achieved to keep the business running, these projects are identified to move the organization to a new level of success and excellence.
As a result of implementing this module, senior and middle management teams become “actively aligned” so their alignment extends beyond the meeting room to their actions and communication outside of the meeting. They become better at monitoring and resolving the most important issues preventing higher levels of success.
Effective Project Execution™
While many projects go through extensive chartering and planning processes, they lack some of the key elements that result in a breakdown of accountability when it comes to execution. Even “dashboard” processes to monitor results aren’t solving the issues that cause project breakdown.
Effective Project Execution™ ensures that there is an effective plan that focuses on cross-functional accountability in addition to the typical individual accountability of most project plans. In addition, a process is established to ensure proactive problem surfacing prior to milestones being missed. Rather than asking for forgiveness when milestones are missed, the problems causing missed milestones are surfaced early enough to keep on schedule. Finally, proactive recovery plans are established to address the “human” error that undermines success.
Is Rapid Team Results™ for You?
This powerful team system is designed for the following kinds of teams:
- Senior Management
- Middle Management
- Functional Teams
- Cross-Functional Teams
- Project Teams
- Admin Teams
- Merged Organizational Teams
- Start-Up Teams
Multiple Implementation Strategies to Accommodate Your Situation
There are three ways to take advantage of this unique team system:
An IMPAQ senior consultant will work to facilitate this process as an in-house working session with one or more of your teams.
A standard one to two day implementation can be delivered in half or full days.
An IMPAQ senior consultant will teach the skills of Rapid Team Results™ as part of a leadership development program for managers and supervisors to facilitated with their respective teams.
You can train your internal training staff to facilitate or teach the skills of Rapid Team Results™ inside of your organization.
Get Started Today and Achieve Measurable Results within 3 Months
For more information about how Rapid Team Results™ can be implemented in your organization or team to achieve breakthrough results contact us at email@example.com or call 323-969-0088 ext. 204.